Monday, January 10, 2011

Say What You Want…

I played in rock bands, pop bands, jazz bands, even a sucky-ass country band (as if the pop band wasn't sucky enough) through the 1980's.  It was a crazy, insane wild ride, even for a local band that didn't travel far.  Regrets? Sure. Everyone likes to say they don't have any, but the truth is every human alive would jump at the opportunity to fix something they did wrong in life at least once.  Which brings me to this…

I'm not trying to get preachy or anything.  I don't have any legs to stand on for that sort of ilk.  But from a purely musical perspective, this is a fantastic work of musical construction.  The lyrics are beautiful.  The video is oddly fitting (I could've done without the very end, but the lumps come with the gravy and it actually makes sense if you've known of Ozzy since he left Sabbath).  It's nice and I wanted to plop it down on this page to share with you.  Even if you despise him or just feel indifferent: give this one a watch.  That's not a lot to ask.

No comments: