Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Book Outline

So, I already mentioned I'm starting to put together the outline for another book.  The idea, so far anyway, is to gather my notes and blog posts from the past year or so and spit-shine them into a real "cook book" of sorts.  Here's a hit-list.  If it sounds worthwhile, I will embark on this journey.  If not, well: eh.

I'm shooting for at least ten "projects" to cook up with detailed recipes for "do-it-yourself" folks. Little to no purchasing of software required (beyond having a Windows network, preferrably running Active Directory of some sort).

  1. AD Domain Controller Diagnostics Reporting
  2. Computer Inventory Reporting
  3. Tweet Server Events to You
  4. Tweet Commands to Your Servers
  5. Generate Password Expiration E-mail Notifications
  6. E-mail Notification of New Computer Accounts
  7. Automatic OU Location of Computers by Name Parsing
  8. TBD
  9. TBD
  10. TBD

No comments: