Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas! A Few Holiday Thoughts to Share...

Today is Christmas Day, and I just want to share a few thoughts with you...

Whatever your faith. Whatever your personal beliefs.  I want to take a moment to THANK YOU, for taking the time to read this.  THANK YOU for visiting my blog.  Whether it's your first visit or you happen to be a regular visitor:  THANK YOU!

It may sound cheesy, maybe a bit insincere, but in all honesty, I appreciate each and every visit to my blog.  Maybe it's vanity.  Maybe it's just knowing someone cares what I think (although I still scratch my head about that).  Maybe it's a tiny little bit of thinking I've helped someone, somewhere, either learn something new, or just helped them to smile for a moment.

I will be the first to admit that I can run rampant with a one-sided discussion to the point of driving it head-first into a mountainside.  My blog is a mess, strewn with the debris of crashed thoughts and the rising smoke of imploded ideas. (hold a second.... that was pretty damn good, I'm writing it down for future use...)

Every now and then I think I can crank out something that works okay, however.  Just once in a while.  But that's okay.  I don't get paid for this in cash.  My reward is maintaining a tolerable level of insanity.  With the ever-increasing tide of information and pervasive noise in our world today, it's amazing that any one person or group can get any meaningful segment of the population to hear what they're saying.

Conversely, it's amazing that people have time to read one more blog, especially from a relative "nobody" like myself.  I really appreciate it.  I know I've called it quits at least two times in the past, but I think I'm going to stick with it until my time is used up on this planet.  Again: THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Josh C said...

You're welcome. And thanks for the blog. Most of the time the subjects go over my head but I still get a nugget of knowledge now and then. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Dave,

You are absolutely welcome. I enjoy your writing and find it thought provoking and interesting. Keep it up... and thank you for sharing your thoughts.