Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Book Update

I posted some gibberish a few weeks ago about another book project.  Well, I'm getting close to wrapping it up, so I thought I'd go ahead and blabber about it in case anyone has anything they'd like to comment on or any topics they'd like to see included in it.

The book is titled: The AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible - 2013 Edition

I know: Not very creative or clever.  However, this is not a typical dust-off and rehash book.  I've been painstakingly re-writing it from start to end.  Some of the major changes included in this book:

  • AutoCAD 2013 network deployments
  • Design Review 2013 deployments
  • DWG TrueView 2013 deployments
In addition, I've updated the deployment vector scenarios and included much more detail for each...
  • Deployments with System Center Configuration Manager 2007
  • Deployments with System Center Configuration Manager 2012
  • Deployments with Active Directory Group Policy
  • Deployments with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012
  • Deployments with VBScript, CMD / Batch script, and PowerShell
There's still the familiar topics, which have been updated for the current product versions as well...
  • Troubleshooting Tips
  • FlexLM License Server architecture and implementation considerations
  • Software Deployment strategies
  • Tools:  Sysinternals, XCACLS, REGINI, MSICUU, REG, etc.
  • Client Performance Optimization
As I've said before, if you have any particular ideas or topics you'd like to see included, post a comment and let me know.  I'm getting close to finishing it, but I'd still hold off for a good suggestion.  I'm looking forward to wrapping this project up so I can focus on my family and day job more as Fall sneaks into Virginia.

Cheers!

No comments: