- Name as many ways as you can think of to repackage a software installation.
- Explain the differences between repackaging via "snapshot" and "monitoring"
- Describe as many things as you can that get left behind from a typical uninstall
- What does /I do? /X ?
- What's the difference between /QB and /QN?
- Which will install for all users? ALLUSERS=1, ALLUSERS=2
- What things can be complicated by users not having elevated permissions?
- What things can be adjusted without elevating user permissions globally?
- One user can launch an application successfully. Another cannot. What questions do you ask?
- Describe a "layer zero" installation versus "layer one" or "layer two". What products could be involved with each?
- Describe how Application Virtualization generally works (high-level)
- List some common prerequisites for many common software products.
- An Administrator can launch an application, but a non-Administrator user on the same computer cannot. What techniques and tools would you use to diagnose this most effectively?
- In your own words: what is a DLL?
- Where is the User Profile folder root on XP, and Windows 7?
- Where is the Program Files installation root on 32-bit and 64-bit clients?
- Where is the ARP list in the Registry? (32-bit and 64-bit clients)
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
This is another brief snippet from the quiz/exam/test we use for screening applicants. Enjoy...