Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Random Thought

If any given entity can only exist in a defined, finite form, as a result of the constraints which define it, does not a relationship exist between the constrained and the constraint?  Can the constrained exist without the constraint?  And if the two are entwined in a symbiotic relationship, are they not inseparable?  And if it's true that an entity is as much part of its constraints as the constraints are with other entities, then is there any "end" at all?

I need to take a break from reading (The Myths of Innovation, by Scott Berkun), which is a very good book on the philosophy and processes of thinking.  My brain is already getting soft and squishy.  The odd thing here is that I usually don't fall off the metaphorical wagon of mediocre thinking until I've consumed a few beers or a glass of wine.  I'm completely un-intoxicated.  I'm actually averaging two beers per month now.  Sheesh.  That's sad.  Well, I have some raised endorphins from finishing a brisk night-time bike ride and walking the dog.  Yes, I think that's it.

No comments: