Friday, October 29, 2010

Open Mindz

So far, I’m 18-0 on this one.  I “win” if the person responds as described below…

Me: “Do you consider yourself open-minded when it comes to politics? Do you give equal time to opposing views to hear their rationale?”

Them: “Absolutely!”

Me: “Well, ___ is going to be on TV tonight doing an interview.  Are you going to watch?”

Them: “Hell no!”

So far, 7 Democrats, 9 Republicans, and 2 “Tea Party-ers”.  It’s rarely just “no” or “I don’t think so”.  It’s almost always an emphatic “Hell no!”

For Democrats, I fill in the blank with “John Boehner”, “John McCain”, or “Scott Rigell” (a local guy).  For Republicans, I fill in “Barrack Obama”, “Nancy Pelosi” or “Glenn Nye” (another local guy).  For Tea Party-ers I just name pretty much anyone that doesn’t call themself a party member, but they typically waiver on filling in a Republican for just a second or two.

Open Minds.  Pffft.  Whatever.  When people say “I have an open mind” it really just means “I have an open mind to whatever I agree with”.

No comments: