- Surf to National Geographic and start collecting great photos like this one: http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/hengill-mountain-iceland/ (tip: be sure to go for the biggest and bestest resolution you can) and download these to a folder under your Pictures folder. Make a new sub-folder called "Wallpaper\NatGeo" or something amazingly stupid like that. Keep surfing and save all the ones you like in that folder.
- Open that folder from your Start menu
- Select all the image files and then right-click and choose "Set as background background"
- Then right-click on your desktop and select "Personalize"
- Notice that your new (unnamed) theme is active. Click the "Save theme" link and give it a name.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Geek Tip: Make Yer Own Cool Windows 7 Themepacks from National Geographic Photos!
Hey Kids! Here's a super-awesometacular geek tip for making your own jaw-dropping increditastical themes for Windows 7 using fantabulous photographic backgrounds from the folks at National Geographic. All of this from Mr. Mediocre! But wait! There's more!!...