Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog Direction

I originally thought that this "blog" might turn into something with some communal involvement.  At least a bit of back-and-forth discussion, which is what has been the most frustrating aspect of keeping alive this stupid blog (and let's face it: it IS pretty stupid).  So the focus from here on out will be on posting when I feel like it and never asking questions from readers.  No more asking what you want to read.  I've asked all those questions and got almost zero feedback.  The stats show people are reading, even if only humble numbers are shown (averaging 60 readers per day).  No soliciting for participation.  It's just not going to happen.  So sit back, pinch a loaf, and enjoy, but don't forget to put the seat back down for the next person.

4 comments:

Rod Trent said...

That's the way of the world. It's frustrating, I know. There's only a small percentage in the global village willing to take a small step to share instead of glean. Identifying those citizens is tough. What helps is the ability to amass enough of an audience so that you have that small percentage in your readership. Also, that small percentage changes periodically, i.e., like rotating the crops, so again a large contingent helps as one group moves on, another group takes the place.

skatterbrainz said...

Wow! First off, just the fact that Rod Trent read this, let alone responded to it, is amazing to me. Just when I thought people were RSS scraping and moving on (I'm guilty as charged), then I get a thoughtful reply. Thank you!

Paul Munford said...

I feel your pain. Sometime I think like I should be posting something more controversial - just to provoke get a response!

Anyway, I've done you - now you go make a comment on MY blog... Pretty please!

skatterbrainz said...

Thanks Paul! I will post a comment to your blog as soon as I find a topic that I'm qualified to comment on. Good stuff!