Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cranium Drainium 16

It’s been a long time since I opened the flood gates to let dead brain cells dump out onto the blog.  Here goes…

  • Fixed a toilet, a refrigerator water filter, a light fixture, and the A/C return filter all before 7:30 AM on a Saturday, including a trip to Lowe’s the same morning.  I feel manly now.
  • Earned my MCITP Enterprise Administrator certification this past week.  Exam 70-647 was tricky, but I passed the 2nd time around after insane studying.
  • I wired in a 10/100 switch at home to replace the 802.11x wireless bullshit around the house.  I have one more line to run to get all our computers on the circuit.  Only the Wii and mobile devices will use the wireless.  I f-ing hate wireless.
  • Starbucks ended the seasonal supply of Pumpkin Spice Latte and replaced it with “Dark Cherry Mocha” which is not very good.  I’m going back to Caramel or Mocha from now on.
  • I finished up two intranet portal side jobs and added two Internet web projects.  Looking forward to the road ahead.  Nothing to lean on, financially, but it does help with coffee and beer funds.
  • I diverted some of my tax refund to buying a Dell Inspiron Zino HD with extra trimmings.  I can’t wait for it to arrive, I’m stoked!  I will then cycle my current workhorse to my son, and his computer will become the TV media center box again.
  • Taking my kids to the Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) of Virginia this weekend.  We have a free pass, so why not?
  • Tired of the shitty cold weather.  Waiting for Spring to return.

No comments: