Saturday, January 9, 2010

Windows 7 BSOD? I’ve never seen one

I was catching up on my RSS feeds and ran across this article at 4SysOps on “How to Analyze Windows Crashes”, which mentions Windows 7 within the body of the article.  But it made me stop and think about this.  After installing Windows 7 (RC) on at least a dozen computers, and a total of over 50 installs (counting test machines, VM’s and so on), I have never even once seen a BSOD with Windows 7.  Even the TechNet RTM version installs I’ve seen have never crashed with a blue screen.  Never.  Not one time.  Nada.  Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

3 comments:

Phill said...

If I'm set up to resume from screensaver (or asleep screen) to password, I'll periodically get a black screen. After about a minute, the cursor appears. Eventually, the screensaver starts again and I can jiggle, enter password and I'm in. While I've got the black screen (with or without cursor) mouseclicks and keayboard do nothing. That's the only issue I've had with Win7.

Anonymous said...

I've had that same issue in VM, but never in a hardware install.

skatterbrainz said...

2 of my kids computers got the Black Screen issue but both were due to a stupid malware app they unknowingly installed. The same one. A popup ad to install a fake antivirus. Booted into safe mode and removed it. All good since then.