You want to register or unregister a .DLL file on a remote computer, but
you do not want to (or cannot) remote in with Carbon Copy, Remote
Use Microsoft Sysinternals "PSEXEC" to invoke the process remotely.
- Download psexec.exe from http://live.sysinternals.com/tools and save
it to a folder on your C: drive
- Open a CMD console using RunAs and your Admin-level account
- Collect information to get started:
- Computer Name (remote computer)
- Path and Name of the .DLL file
- Run the psexec.exe utility with the appropriate syntax...
To Register a "DllName.dll" file residing in the C:\Windows\System32
folder on "Computer1"...
Psexec \\Computer1 regsvr32 /s c:\windows\system32\dllname.dll
To Unregister the same .DLL file...
Psexec \\Computer1 regsvr32 /u /s c:\windows\system32\dllname.dll