Sunday, December 13, 2009

2008, 2009, 2010…

11_12_64---Dice_web[1] I felt like reflecting on the past year, if only for a minute.  Thinking back, it was a truly mixed bag of fortunes.

2008 was probably the worst year since my parents passed away in the 90’s.  I lost my job early in the year, and began a long a struggle back from financial chaos that ensued.  It was early in the Recession, so things were declining pretty quick.  It all started to turn around for me in June of that year, when I was hired back at a former employer, and so far has continued to be a very positive experience.  I was lucky indeed.

2009 was going pretty well, until mid/late Summer, when I lost two friends without any warning.  One died of a sudden heart attack, the other from suicide by cop (seriously).  Neither of them ever showed signs that would have indicated their fates were even remotely possible.  I still think about them often.  It’s a hole in my life that will take some time to heal.

During 2009, I was fortunate enough to be allowed to take some courses towards an MCSA and an MCITP certification, which I achieved.  My oldest daughter graduated high school.  We still have a house and electricity.  We still have a family.

I’m not sure what to expect from 2010.  The past two years have been rocky, but with bright spots as well.  If that means 2010 will be bad but will offer up more bright spots, then I suppose that’s not entirely bad.  Stay tuned…

1 comment:

ICM said...

Keep it up, man! Two steps forward and one step back - that's how we all used to make great things! As long as you have your family - everything is awesome! 8-D Happy new year!