Thursday, September 10, 2009

Catching Up

I've been unplugged in most respects for a few days, so it's nice to get caught up a bit.

It's been raining felines and canines for days now and I'm ready for some sunshine and heat to make a comeback. My bike riding regimen has been on hold since last weekend, which is making me antsy and cranky.

I've been running Google Chrome version 4.0.203.2 for a few days and so far I'm very impressed. The speed is just incredible. The features are starting to mature, but at a comfortable pace. Not as flashy as Safari 4, but more stable and less claustrophobic.

Work has been busy and varied. Bouncing between Wise scripting, VBscript, ASP (a flavor thereof) and SQL expression coding. Toss in a pinch of Javascript, XML, CSS and DOM and about 3 cups of crappy coffee per 8 hours, 2 cups of water, and 3 trail mix bars, blend on high speed until puree and ta-da!

I'm synching my iPod up to get my podcasts: Adam Carolla, Car Cast, No Agenda, Tech 5, Cranky Geeks, and Windows Weekly. Those keep me entertained and informed during my daily commute to and from work. Speaking of which, today's commute took 1 hour 50 minutes to get home. Our transit "system" here is bullshit. Pure bullshit. Oh...

Yesterday, I ran over to Princess Anne High School to sit in on a HRT/HDR/Virginia Beach "transit extension alternative assessment meeting". It was bullshit. Lots of posturing, blabbering and handshaking with ZERO action promised. I might blog about that if I feel up to it.

No comments: