Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back from Vacation - Sort of


It's been a while since I last posted on this blog. I needed a break from it, for a lot of reasons. I seriously considered ending it. At one point I thought of just deleting it, but too many people said they found things on it useful and I couldn't just pull the rug out on them. Not to toot my horn or anything, because much of what was said to be "useful" was/is in fact just references to other people's creations or works of art, not my own creation. So I decided to leave it be.

Then I started running into issues where I wanted to post something for general consumption, but Facebook is really not ideal for that, and Twitter doesn't provide enough room to post large things. I found that the Blog medium is really ideal for just that purpose: posting bloating crap. Crap like script code, pictures with stories wrapped around them, and in-line video objects (think YouTube, Vimeo, Revver, Viddler, and so on). Facebook is aimed at containing a logical "space" of friends, family, co-workers, and stalkers, not for anonymous-ish sharing. Sure, you can, but it's not built for it. It's like saying you can haul lumber with a Ferrari race car, which you can, but it's not built for that purpose. Hence, the Blog. So I will be posting here again, but I'm not sure how frequently I will do so. I have a few things saved up to post, so that will pave a short runway in the coming week to get things restarted in a way.

So, in other words: Welcome back! I'm glad you stopped by. I will try to not disappoint.

No comments: