Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rays are the Rockies

Watching the World Series this year has reminded me of the Red Sox vs Rockies.  Everyone.  I mean EVERYONE was blabbering about how "youthful" and "energetic" the Rockies were.  They were all swearing that they would "crush" Boston, because they would be "overwhelmed" by the sheer younger exhuberance or whatever.   Totally wrong.

The Rays look like they're doing the same thing this year:  They're choking.  Maybe you could argue they're caving in.  Whatever.  The Phillies are just a more mature organization.  Even with the players hopping around like prostitutes on a Saturday night, the management and ownership structure is more mature.  Don't get me wrong, the Rays are indeed a good team.  It's just a matter of timing.  I really hope the Phillies win tonight.  It's the top of the 9th and they're up 4 to 3, so who knows.

EDIT:  The Phillies won!  I just watched the final pitch and strike-out.  Dang!

No comments: