Friday, October 10, 2008

The Palin Look - Pa-leez

I seriously thought that we, as a society, as if we are really a society (cohesive values) had evolved beyond the idiotic concept of copying styles from TV and movies. Remember the Pat Benatar fad? The Madonna craze?

I'm not talking about the music. I'm talking about the style of hair and dress. Well, it is indeed back and I'm ready to puke. On this rather subdued Friday night I've run across no less than a dozen women passing by with the same signature up-do brunette hair and eye glasses. I'm not just noticing this because Ms. Palin is in the press 24x7 either. Nope. This is measurable stupidity folks.

Ladies: please. If I can ask just one thing of you: Please don't copy style like that. Be yourself. Not that Ms. Palin is ugly or anything. There's just nothing wrong with being unique. As much as our society talks up "individualism". It really places higher value on imitation. I have no clue why this is, but its true.

No comments: