Friday, August 22, 2008

AUGI is Coming to Virginia Beach in October

AUGI, that's the AutoCAD User's Group International, not the cartoon dog from the 1970's, is going to hold one of their CAD Camp conferences here in Virginia Beach! Very cool! It's nice to see our shiney Convention Center (designed by none other than Skimore, Owings and Merrill LLC) put to some good use.

If you work with Autodesk products like AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, Revit, Inventor, Raster Design, Electrical, Autodesk Map, Alias Studio, 3D Studio Max or Impression, you need to check this out. Very cheap registration fees for a conference like this also. Register before Sept. 18 for the "Early Bird" pricing discounts.

Edit: I mistakenly posted that the VBCC was designed by I.M. Pei, but it was actually designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill (SOM). Oddly enough, I almost took a job at SOM in their Chicago office back in the early 90's. Small world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just a friendly comment that the Virginia Beach Convention Center was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, LLC (SOM) not I.M. Pei.

Sincerely,
Katie Glaser
Marketing Coordinator
Virginia Beach Convention Center

skatterbrainz said...

You are indeed correct. My mistake and I apologize if that caused anyone any bad feelings. Thanks for correcting me. :)