Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hazy, Hot, Humid and Smokey

Ugh! The weather here is sucking badly lately. Wildfires have been burning out of control (or under limited control) just South of us in North Carolina. The result has been a solid month of on/off days of mild to thick-heavy smoke. Enough to make you feel crappy when outside only a few minutes. Today is supposed to hit near 100 F, and the humidity will be about normal for this area for this time of year: above comfortable levels.

So far, 2008 has not been a good year for me. Employment, house repairs, economy, personal financial and now weather. The good news is that the employment area is doing better so far, which should eventually help with the personal financial and house repairs, depending upon weather. I'm staying indoors as much as I can. The commute to/from work is a drag, and the smoke makes it worse because (a) sucky Chevy trucks have a (b) sucky AC system that doesn't completely shut out exterior air when recirc is on. I thought it was my truck only, but test driving others I found it to be common even on the 2008 and 2009 models. Funny that other brands don't have this problem.

No comments: