This is where my brain lives 99.99% of the time.
The coolest part of this? When opened in PowerPoint, when I drag a selection window over the large circled objects, and then drag them side to side, the connecting lines move with them in real time. It's kind of nerdy, but fun.
- AD = Active Directory
- HRIS = Human Resources Information System. A generic term for any system for entering, tracking and managing employees or organizational members.
- SCCM = System Center Configuration Manager.
- SCOM = System Center Operations Manager (with/without Orchestrator).
- NMS = Network Monitoring/Management System. A generic term for any system for monitoring the network environment and sending alerts when problems occur, as well as (optionally) providing a means for remote management of network equipment.
- Licensing = A hodge-podge of spreadsheets, Word documents, Access and other databases, piles of paper, folders, sticky notes, all collectively used for tracking what was purchased, who purchased it, when, for how many users, expiration dates, contract numbers, points of contact, vendor information, yada yada yada
- Lifecycle Tracking = Another hodge-podge of spreadsheets, Word documents, Access and other databases, piles of paper, folders, sticky notes, all collectively used for tracking purchase and warranty information for hardware such as computers, printers, routers, hubs and switches, telephony, copiers, blah blah blah.