- Turns off UAC as a standard practice.
- Grants most users Admin rights.
- Re-imaging / Re-installing operating systems as a standard "fix"
- Knee-jerks towards scripting, rather than Group Policy for configuration management
- Fails to provide tangible metrics to back-up arguments and proposals
- Argues against "change" as a standard philosophy
- Sole-vendor philosophy without regard to competing products
- Avoids meeting with customers / end users at all costs
- Avoids meeting with executives at all costs
- Spends more time putting out fires than in lab testing future solutions
- Assumes they are an expert
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Signs of IT Failure
When it comes time to assess the quality of service amongst your crack team of IT experts, here's a few criteria points to consider: