Friday, August 26, 2011

What I'm Using

Every now and then I get asked what I'm using at work and at home.  I can't elaborate on which is which, because I'm a consultant and "work" can vary.  But to aggregate all of it into a single list, this is what I typically login to and use:

  • Windows 7 64-bit, SP1
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Office 2010 SP1
  • IE9
  • Google Chrome 15 (dev channel)*
  • TextPad 5
  • VMware Workstation 7
  • WinImage 8
  • Wise Package Studio 8 **
  • Paint.NET 3.5.x
  • Microsoft Security Essentials
  • Windows Live Essentials 2011
  • FileZilla
  • 7-Zip
  • SQL Server 2008 R2
  • System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3
  • WSUS 3.0 SP2
  • TweetDeck
  • Google Earth
Web:
  • Google+ (and Docs, Reader, Calendar, Gmail, Blogger, Picasa, YouTube)
  • GrooveShark
  • Twitter
  • VeeHD
  • Vimeo
  • StackOverflow
  • MyITForum
  • Amazon
  • Newegg
* primary browser
** soon to be replaced with AdminStudio

No comments: