Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Official Apology about my comments on VBscript and PowerShell

Over the past year or so, I've posted several times that there is a "bug" in VBScript and PowerShell that affects how the code interprets the Windows environment variable %PROGRAMFILES% on x64 clients.  This is incorrect.  The root cause of this statement was derived from my use of a particular code editor, TextPad, which appears to have a small, but troublesome, bug.  However, regardless of that, I should have verified my findings outside of the code editor interpreter, which I failed to do.

For my shortcomings in that area:

I apologize to the folks that work on, or have worked on, VBscript, Windows Scripting Host, and PowerShell (among any others I may have blamed).

Here's a post of what I'm talking about: http://forums.textpad.com/viewtopic.php?p=37715#37715

No comments: