Wednesday, April 20, 2011

AutoCAD 2012 Deployment, .NET 4 and SCCM

Jimmy Bergmark posted a nice article on .NET Framework 4 deployment with AutoCAD 2012.  I mention this in my latest book on deploying AutoCAD 2012: The AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible, 2012 Edition.  If you want to know more about the command-line options for .NET Framework 4, here they are: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2009/04/16/9553804.aspx

Remember to deploy .NET Framework 4 *before* you deploy AutoCAD 2012 if you're using SCCM.  Otherwise the installation will fail.  Same goes for DirectX.  I will hopefully be posting more detailed info on how to package the DirectX components for AutoCAD 2012.  I've been writing it repeatedly here and in my book, but I will try to get a video tutorial posted soon. Cheers!

No comments: