Friday, March 25, 2011

RIP Windows XP

I haven't mentioned that I've been a very busy boy lately.  I'm probably over busy, if that's a legit phrase.  In between work, family, side work, and kids sports, I'm once again working on a book.  After the third pass through it I realized something that I need to define, declare and document:  I am no longer going to talk about Windows XP.  It's done.  It will soon (not soon enough) be relegated to the history books.  Add to that the fact that I absolutely hate Vista and I completely love Windows 7 (and Windows Server 2008 R2, by the way), and here it is:

While I have to support Windows XP for some of my clients by day, I will no longer discuss Windows XP or Vista in my blogging or book writing endeavors.  It's all Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 from here on out.

I'm shooting for an April 1 book release date.  Fingers are crossed.  No sleep ahead.

No comments: