Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Book of Books

imageNot even five minutes ago, I finished reading "War" by Sebastian Junger.  From the first sentence, to the first chapter, and through to the end, including the bibliography and acknowledgements, I could not put this book down.  It's funny.  It's sad.  It's awe-inspiring.  It's poetic.  It's fucking incredible. 

I could have chosen another word, possibly a much less profane word, but that wouldn't be honest.  I've read a lot of good books, especially since I bought my Kindle.  This book stands out above the rest.  It's not "pro" war.  It's not "anti" war.  It's just an honest first-hand experience of being closely involved with a group of men trying to maintain sanity in an insane surrounding, and looking out for one another.  What can I say: I was floored.  I hope you will read it also.

No comments: