Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grammy's Get it Right

I was so happy to see Esperanza Spalding win tonight.  Coming from a musical background, ok, a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I can appreciate real talent when I see/hear it.  This past year there have been some amazing new artists coming into the spotlight, and many others still waiting to be discovered by the masses.  Esperanza has now crossed the threshold into the public eye.  Hopefully Tal Wilkenfeld will get her moment soon.  Enjoy…

Esperanza Spalding

Tal Wilkenfeld

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so out of it, I only know the bits that have been posted on random sites. Muse won, I guess that's good.

skatterbrainz said...

I'm not much "ahead" of you either. I didn't plan on watching it, but the other channels had worse crap on, and I needed a break from book reading. I've seen Esperanza on Austin City Limits and was impressed. Tal Wilkenfeld plays with Jeff Beck, and lots of Jazz greats. She's incredible. I was a bit surprised that Arcade Fire won the last award. The remind me of a 90's techno-punk time machine tribute band. Flock of Seagulls meets Human League.