Friday, December 24, 2010

Top 10 Blog Readings of 2010 and What's Ahead

Taking a que from Ed Bott's recent blog post, I decided to analyize my Google Analytics to see what the top-ten most read blog articles were for 2010.  My blog has picked up in 2010 for sure.  I abandoned it twice before, due to falling readership and lack of time to spend on it.  I still don't have much time, but with the traffic increases this year, I have tried my best to keep it going and keep it interesting.  I hope it is interesting for you.

And now I will open the envelope…

  1. Windows 7, MSG.EXE and Group Policy Preferences
  2. Packaging DWG TrueView 2011
  3. Windows 7 GPEDIT Changes *
  4. Don't Forget to Mop Up *
  5. Packaging & Deployment Autodesk 2011 Products with System Center Configuration Manager 2007
  6. Enabling Windows 7 Remote Management via Group Policy *
  7. Using PowerShell with an MS-Access Database
  8. What does the AutoCAD "PURGE" Command Do?
  9. Packaging DirectX 9.0c as an MSI
  10. Uninstalling AutoCAD LT 2011 with SCCM 2007 **
  11. (Honorable Mention) Deploy Autodesk Design Review 2011 with SCCM 2007
  12. (Honorable Mention) Scripting with Glue and Tape *

* Article was actually posted in 2009 but ranked in the top-10 most-read for 2010

** Autodesk posted a script to perform the same action but with more meticulous attention to detail, so I have to recommend readers to use that instead of what was posted on article marked

What's Ahead

I finished up two e-books and set them out on the waters of Amazon just in the past month.  So far they've done pretty well.  Now I have to figure out what to do next.  I'm sure I will publish updated editions to both of them sometime in 2011, but I'd also like to produce something new.  I'm open for suggestions on either of these endeavors (so drop me a line at ds0934 at gmail dot com)

I know I recently posted a list of current projects, but I left a few out:

  • Working with managing MED-V clients with SCCM and Scripting
  • Aggregating information from SCCM, SQL and Active Directory for a web application
  • Spinning up on Sharepoint Foundation 2010 and Search Server Express for a client project
  • Testing a Google Chrome Notebook
  • Reading a crap-load of books on my Kindle (I love that little gadget!)
  • Trying not to ignore my wife, kids and dog (I try)
  • Improving my diet and getting back to exercising (walking, bike riding, etc.)
  • House and car repairs (plenty of that waiting for me already)
  • Doing a better job at everything I do (continuous improvement)
  • Helping others wherever I can

For now, I'm going to take a few days off to spend with my family.  So I'd like to say to you…

Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays!

Best wishes to you, your families and loved ones!

 

No comments: