Friday, October 22, 2010

Lazy Friday

imageToday marked 22 years since I married my wife, so I took off from work to spend a day with her. The weather was perfect.  We had a really nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  We hit a Starbucks. Then we hit Home Depot and strolled the aisles.

It’s funny that sometimes wandering aisles in such a place would lead to contention and angst, usually over necessity versus whim, or budget.  Not today.  It was relaxing.  You know when you’re really comfortable when you can do something like this, instead of planning a big trip somewhere or a formal event, and still find it enjoyable.  Because in the end, it’s all about spending time in the company of someone you care about and who cares about you.  I may be broke beyond comprehension, but I am the luckiest man in the world.

No comments: