Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stages Men Go Through in Life

I'll spare you from a detailed explanation of why I bothered with this.  It stemmed from lengthy discussion with one of my nephews.  It's my own view of the stages/phases most American men go through in life.  I'm spread between stage 7 and 10

  1. Pre-teen
  2. Early teens (single, pre-dating)
  3. Late teens (single+dating)
  4. The 20s (single or domestic partner)
  5. 30 and Single, or Married w/no Kids
  6. First Child: Baby..Toddler
  7. Child pre-teen
  8. Child early teen
  9. Child late teen
  10. Child becomes yound adult (20s)
  11. Child has kids: Grandparent stage
  12. Retirement stage
  13. Elder stage

What's interesting to me is that it seems that people in one stage are immune to unsolicited advice from other stages.  Each stage feels they have it the hardest in life and that no other stages can understand their struggle, even if the others are in later stages.

No comments: