Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Portals versus Pot-Holes

I'm officially declaring an end to getting involved with public-facing web sites.  Done.  The customers that approach me for quotes, advice, etc. are becoming the same people that hang around yard sales.  It doesn't matter if they're doctors, lawyers, real estate brokers, modeling agencies, retirement planners, or whatever.  It's now all the same.  The customers I deal with on intranet portal projects are entirely different, and much more reliable and trustworthy.  So if you happen to be one of my past customers on a public-facing web site project, don't take it personal.  I'm just over it.  If you want a flashy, cute, CSS-golly-gosh web site, with animation junk, with 10 pages all for $50, go buy a template or hire one of a bazillion teeny-bopper web coders that flood the market.  If you want a serious web application to empower your business, I'm all ears.

No comments: