Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Misconceptions About Misperceptions

I was talking to someone on Monday and they asked a question that I found to be interesting. At first I laughed, but then I realized it may be a much bigger problem than anyone wants to believe.

The question was about whether I used a Mac to develop my customer's web sites or "something else". The concern being whether these sites were "Mac-friendly". I actually thought that meant wearing birkenstock sandals and a plaid golf cap, and chiding Windows with every other sentence.

The answer is: it doesn't matter. It makes no difference what you use to make a web site. You can use Dreamweaver or Frontpage or Expression. Or you could use Notepad or Pico or even VI on UNIX or Linux. Heck, if you're adventurous you could write it in Hex to really impress your friends.

Ok. Joking aside. If anyone tries to convince you that it makes any difference as to what operating system you use to build a web site with, run. Run fast. They are either stupid or trying to rip you off.

No comments: