Saturday, November 22, 2008

YouTube Live Debuts Today at 5PM EST

I'm wondering how well this will work for them.  I hope YouTube Live works great, but who knows. I'm really tired of hearing about failures and bad ideas.  I want to see some success again.  Maybe this will be the nudge in the direction of online media that everyone has been waiting for.  TV is still king.   It will probably remain king for a lot longer.  But maybe some real (or perceived) competition would put some innovation back into mainstream television again.  I mean, seriously, do we need (or watch) 50 different cop shows?  12 rip-off shows of Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy or Dancing with Dumbasses or whatever?  My mom used to call our preferences for entertainment "sausage grinder" entertainment.  They crank it out and we eat it up like it's different from other sausage.  It's all the same.  Let's see what this brings.

No comments: