Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cranium Drainium 4

I'm home from work today.  Floater holiday that had to be used or they threatened to shoot me.  Ok, not true.  But it's nice to have time to play around.

Never post blog articles after three beers.

Still tinkering with dropping SCCM R2 into my home network.  So far so good.  I already have WSUS so I'm going to keep it away from the SUP role for now.  Running it inside VMware WS 6.5.1 with SQL 2005 on 1GB RAM, and two virtual disks, and it screams.

I love my coffee press.  They rock.

Updates:  Facebook did some tweaks last night.  GMail added Themes.  SmartFTP upgraded.  VMWare Workstation 6.5.1.  Ultimate Windows Tweaker upgraded.

No Agenda 11/22/08 was pretty good.  If you're not familiar with it, you may be confused at first.  They literally make up the talking points as they go.

Ultimate Windows Tweaker indeed helped make my desktop boot faster and behave more quickly.  Recommended by Rod Trent, so I had to give it a try.

Speaking of SCCM (System Center Config Manager), I also have MOSS (Sharepoint 2007) running in VMware.  Not that this is amazing in today's climate, but I can't help but stop and realize how friggin amazing it is compared to only five years ago.  Holy crap: 10 yrs ago indeed!  Change sometimes sneaks up on us quickly.

Amazon announced that Kindle 2.0 won't happen until next year.  That gives me time to push for it on my birthday.  I want one of those so bad.

Damn.  I made my coffee too strong. :(

No comments: