Saturday, November 15, 2008

Busy Day, Early Exam, Shopping Malls, Food Courts. Y'all Come Back Now, You hear?

What a day. I had to get up early to get to the exam place in time to take a "beta" certification exam. It was really interesting. Since it was a "beta", I had to consent to an NDA, so I can't divulge any details, but I can say that it introduces the use of virtual machines for the simulations. Not the usual half-baked simulation utilities. It is very cool and much more realistic. The manner in which the tasks are presented works very well also. I think it's the future of certification exams. Anyhow, the exam was free (by invitation) and they don't provide a score, so I really don't know how well I performed. The benefit is free exam vouchers for "real" exams, so I couldn't pass up that opportunity.

Afterwards, we spent all day doing shopping stuff. My son and I split off from the girls to see Quantum of Solace. It's a good movie, but they need to expand the new Bond character a bit more. He's starting to get robotic. Sort of like Bourne, but with too much Red Bull and no sleep. Not to spoil it for anyone, but the stunts are pretty good. My only complaint was the scene where he goes after a boat by jumping over two boats and crashing on a third with a stolen motorcycle. The only jumping-the-shark moment I can recall.

After more window shopping and a very noisy food court experience, I'm finally home and enjoying peace and quiet. After months of working our way back from being laid off, it was the first time we'd gone shopping in many months. We did our part to bolster the sagging economy. I hope it returns the favor.

No comments: