Saturday, September 20, 2008

Taking Things Down a Notch

hmx_logo_small I just finished uploading a new site for my side business (Harmonixx) at http://www.harmonixx.com  and I’m happy that it’s much simpler and cleaner.  It’s also fully W3C compliant for XHTML 1.0 transitional, so it’s a good start.  I still need to clean up some code and neaten up the style sheet.  Some might prefer the former layout, but I don’t care.  I like the new layout.  And besides, I don’t have time to tinker with the site anymore, so it just needs to be “there” and function.

I originally had plans to build out a fully functional customer support portal with project folders, support requests, feedback tracking and the whole shebang, but I can’t justify that much effort at this point.  If it ever turns a profit I’ll reconsider.  In fact, the jury is still out as to whether Harmonixx will continue to exist after December 2008.  While the extra income is nice, it is also painfully unpredictable and dealing with some customers is an effort.  Some are great.  Some are not so.  Anyhow, I’m going to be taking a break from blogging for a while.  I hope you have a great Fall and Winter.   I may post something from time to time, but nowhere near the frequency I had been.

No comments: