Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Reason I HATE iTunes

So I map a drive letter to my server "music" share and add the songs to my iTunes library.  Then I replace my server and remap the drives to the same share names.  iTunes doesn't like it.  It ignores M:\ and somehow stores the UNC path behind the mapping.  It's too God-Damned stupid to figure out the song is in the same place on the same drive letter as it was before.  Windows Media Player can figure that out. Hell, even WinAmp could do that 10 years ago!  Apple doesn't hire the brightest people, just the ones who dress the part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's weird; I've always been able to re-map using the same drive letter on a different drive... or a different computer, for that matter.

skatterbrainz said...

I dunno. Maybe it's the version I'm using. Maybe it's Windows 7 64-bit. Maybe it's just that I f****** hate iTunes no matter what. Geez. I suppose I'm prejudiced against some of Apple's stuff? LOL